HCFS gratefully accepts both financial and food donations. Since we are a 501(c)(3) organization, donations may be eligible for tax deduction (contact your income tax advisor for details). Receipts are provided upon request. To easily make an online donation click on the blue button below. For detailed instructions to complete the donation click here.
To see our brochure on how you can help hungry in our community, click here.
We always accept non-perishable food donations. If you have non-perishable food you would like to donate please bring it to HCFS during regular hours of operation, or donations may be dropped off at MarketPlace Foods in Hayward. Place items on the acrylic shelf at the front of the store.
Additionally, many local churches, organizations, and businesses have periodic collections for HCFS.
- You can make a financial contribution to the Hayward Community Food Shelf in several ways:
- Online donations 100% of your contribution will go toward maintaining food shelf operations in serving the needs of the public. Online transactions are secure and provided fee-free by Frandsen Bank & Trust.
- Donations by check can be mailed to HCFS. Please make checks payable to “Hayward Community Food Shelf” and mail to: Hayward Community Food Shelf, P.O. Box 779, Hayward, WI 54843-0779
- Check and cash donations can be made in person at HCFS. Donations can be dropped off during our regular hours of operation. We are located at 16216W Highway 63S in Hayward. We are open every Monday and the first Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Securities We are able to accept securities through our Ameriprise Financial account. Contact us for details.
- Automatic Deposits Automatic deposits from your checking or savings account are also welcomed. Please contact Frandsen Bank & Trust for details.
While we appreciate all food donations, the following items are always in demand:
Pancake Mix & Syrup
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Healthy Snack Items
Macaroni & Cheese
Ketchup, Mustard & Relish
Canned Vegetables & Fruit
Rice & Pasta
Canned Meats & Meals
Sugar & Flour
Oil, Cooking Spray & Shortening
Cake Mixes & Frosting
Jello & Pudding
Dried Peas or Beans
Personal Hygiene Items
Laundry Detergent & Dish Soap